Zermatt Utah (aka Zermatt Resort & Spa) is seeking a skilled Pastry Cook to fill a full time position in our award-winning Bakery. No matter your experience, you will learn, grow and perfect your craft working alongside our talented team of Pastry Cooks and Bakers. We are seeking someone with at least 2 years of experience in the field of pastry-making and someone who is knowledgeable about a variety of French pastries. The ideal candidate will have both production and commercial kitchen skills. Collaboration & communication skills are key. High-end finishing/decorating skills are preferred but not required. Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Utah Food Handler Permit. Shifts would include, but not limited to, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Essential Functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists with the orders all items needed for pastry-making.
- Prepares all items needed for pastry-making.
- Prepares desserts for Bakery, Wildfire, Z's Steak & Chop Haus, Room Service and Banquets.
- Assists Pastry Chef with new menus and presentations.
- Communicates important information to Pastry Chef.
- Assists with decorating cakes for special occasions, as well as pastries & other specialty items.
- Works with the Pastry Chef to plan dessert specials and baked goods.
*Midway Properties Group, LLC dba Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer*