La Costa Glen is currently hiring a full time Pastry Cook to work 4:00am to 12:30pm.
La Costa Glen is a beautiful resort-style community located in Carlsbad, just a few miles from the Pacific. Our three kitchens serve over 1000 residents a variety of fine foods and pastries. We offer competitive pay and great hours (most cooks leave by 8:00pm). This is not a seasonal position: you will always work a full 40 hours a week. Earn outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending accounts, and 401(k) with match. Starting with your first year, accrue 10 vacation days, 6 sick days, and 2 personal holidays days; plus there are 6 paid holidays. Within our large Food & Beverage team, there are many opportunities for growth and promotions. Come work with our team!
The Pastry Cook assists the Pastry Chef in producing quality desserts and pastries for all dining rooms across the community. We are looking for a creative person with a solid understanding of cooking and baking basics.
- Responsible for preparing quality desserts and pastries per standardized recipes.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours and determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus. Ensures that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Follows all safety procedures when handling kitchen equipment and complies with department sanitation standards and personal hygiene/uniform standards.
- Minimum of two years experience as a pastry cook or baker in a hotel, restaurant, club or similar institution
- Ability to plan and organize work, to interpret instructions, recipes, specifications and standards
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance. Some knowledge of nutrition and diet
- Culinary education preferred
About La Costa Glen:
La Costa Glen is a resort-style retirement community located in beautiful North San Diego County, only two and a half miles from the Pacific. The community is contained securely on 50 acres within a park-like preserve, surrounded by permanent open space. La Costa Glen is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering a variety of villas and apartment homes to over 900 residents. Full services are provided, including restaurant style dining, housekeeping and laundry, maintenance services, transportation, fitness classes, wellness programs, and numerous activities.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
La Costa Glen offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Apply online at www.LaCostaGlen.com.