Make a meaningful impact as a pastry cook at Manhatta!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
The pastry department at Manhatta, overseen by Pastry Chef Emma Alden (previously at The NoMad, Betony, and Batard) and Executive Chef Jason Pfeifer (previously at Per Se, Noma, and Maialino), is looking for a pastry cook to join the team on dinner service and production. The cuisine at Manhatta aims to embody New York City by utilizing an abundance of local products and including subtle nods to the iconic and historic dishes of the city.
The ideal candidate 1-2 years of professional pastry experience in restaurants or establishments of a similar caliber. This is a terrific opportunity for an individual who is looking to gain experience in working service, executing private events, and production in a high volume, fine dining setting.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining Credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing mise en place and setting up the station for successful dinner services.
- Plating all desserts up to our standards while maintaining a fully stocked, clean, and organized station in our beautiful open kitchen looking out over all of New York City.
- Assisting with producing mise and picking up large parties for our Private Dining program.
- Learning to expedite and run the show at dinner service.
- Daily cleaning and breakdown of the pastry station and pastry kitchen.
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying ourFamily Valuesof:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
You can expect to learn:
- Different production and plating skills.
- Bakers percentages and mathematical abilities.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Team building and leadership skills.