Make a meaningful impact as a Pastry Cook at Untitled and Studio Cafe!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Untitled, the light-filled, airy restaurant, adjacent to the High Line, is inspired by the boldly creative environment of the world-class museum it calls home. Untitled has aground floor entrance on Gansevoort Street. The ideal Pastry Cook candidate will have an understanding of basic pastry techniques, familiarity pastry equipment and material, have the ability to read and follow recipes, and be extremely detail oriented. This position will report directly the Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chef, and Executive Chef.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Participation in annual bonus plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying ourFamily Valuesof:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using soundjudgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Sets up station according to Chef’s guidelines
- Follows recipes, portion controls, pars, and presentation specifics as set by the Chef
- Restocks items as needed throughout shift
- Keeps a clean, safe, organized work station
- Uses/maintains all equipment in station properly
- Assists with scrub down and organization of kitchen, refrigeration and storage areas, etc.
- Performs additional tasks as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef
- Conforms to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen
- Handles food products in a thoughtful manner, generating minimal waste
- Must Have Schedule flexibility and able to work nights and weekends
- Interest in both classic and contemporary approaches to pastry