University Village Thousand Oaks is currently hiring a full time Pastry Cook! The Pastry Cook produces quality desserts and pastries for all dining rooms across the community. We are looking for a creative person with a solid understanding of cooking and baking basics.
- Responsible for preparing quality desserts and pastries per standardized recipes.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours and determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus. Ensures that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Follows all safety procedures when handling kitchen equipment and complies with department sanitation standards and personal hygiene/uniform standards.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of two years experience as a pastry cook or baker in a hotel, restaurant, club or similar institution
- Ability to plan and organize work, to interpret instructions, recipes, specifications and standards
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance. Knowledge of nutrition and diet
- Culinary education preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Moderate to heavy physical effort throughout the day. Must be able to stand or walk for up to 100% of the work day. Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day. Manual dexterity for preparing food. Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. When lifting loads over 50 lbs., use two or more people. It is your responsibility to ask for assistance. Occasionally push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 200 lbs. May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time. May be exposed industrial and household chemicals and high heat levels.
- This position is essential to the safety of our residents and staff; and to the operation and function of the community. Employee may be recalled to report to work for an emergency, unusual occurrence, resident care need, visit from regulatory/governing agencies or any other event deemed necessary by the Executive Director, Administrator, and designee.
About University Village Thousand Oaks:
University Village is a resort-style retirement community located in Thousand Oaks, in Ventura County. The community is contained securely on more than 65 acres of picturesque hills and valleys. University Village is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering a variety of villas and apartment homes to hundreds of residents. Full services are provided, including fine dining, housekeeping and laundry, maintenance services, transportation, fitness classes, wellness programs, and numerous activities.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
University Village offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Apply online at http://uvto.hrmdirect.com.