Senior Communication Systems Researcher (Patent Engineer)
Full-Time in Vancouver, WA
Essential Functions - Major Responsibilities:
- Draft response to office actions
- Create claim charts and confirm claim amendments
- Review and prepare additional material for PCT and national phase filing
- Manage prosecution schedules
- Collaboration with IP and R&D teams internationally to communicate results and development targets
Must - Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Proven record of managing patent prosecutions in the areas of signal processing, and/or communication technology, especially in regards to standardized technologies, e.g., 3GPP LTE or NR or 802.11.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing office actions from both U.S. and international patent offices
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing international search reports
- Demonstrated experience in drafting office action responses and/or directions for filing attorney
- Demonstrated experience developing claim charts and patent maps
Desired - Skills and Knowledge
- Expertise in signal processing, and/or communication technologies domain
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience working with inventors to refine claim charts and patent maps
- Experience working with attorneys to create responses to office actions
- Experience working with international attorneys and filings
- Good knowledge of 3GPP related or similar standardized technologies, such as LTE, NR, 802.11, etc.
120,106 - 129,604 /yearWhat is this?