At Methodist Hospital of Southern California, every team member of our 348-bed hospital strives to provide an exceptional patient experience while exemplifying our shared values of iRAISE - Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Safety and Excellence. We achieve this through compassionate care, creating lifelong relationships by changing the way health and healthcare are delivered in our community.
We currently have Full-Time and Per Diem opportunities on the Day, Evening and Night shifts in Main Admitting and Emergency Room for Patient Access Representatives.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 2 years minimum of customer service skills, required.
- Outstanding customer service skills, required.
- Ability and desire to work consistently under pressure in a hectic, high paced atmosphere.
- Must be able to read and write English without difficulty; must be able to recognize numbers.
- Must possess a high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Medical terminology and spelling accuracy are highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of insurance reimbursement, Medicare, Medi-Cal, HMO and PPO is preferred.
- Acknowledging patients or guests and their requests
- Responsible for the collection of all patient related information to produce a complete and accurate patient admission record. This includes, but is not limited to, choosing the correct medical record numbers, gathering current patient data, photocopying insurance cards, identification cards, and other pertinent information, obtaining authorization, obtaining signatures on all appropriate forms, and obtaining accurate insurance and demographic information in order to create an accurate patient account record. Responsible for understanding and participating in the organization-wide Performance Improvement Program through orientation, education, departmental, and inter-departmental quality control, and quality planning activities
- Document any financial arrangements made in the patient’s account notes. Notifies the Admitting Manager or Business Office Manager of all problem accounts that require special attention.
- It is the responsibility of the Patient Access Representative to uphold the highest service standards regarding patient care and make the patient needs the first priority.
At Methodist Hospital, you’ll enjoy an excellent compensation and benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Savings Plan with match, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Free Parking, Child Care, Employee Referral Bonus Program, etc.), including professional development programs, and much more.
Living and Working in the San Gabriel Valley:
The City of Arcadia is located in the beautiful San Gabriel Valley, which is one of the best places to live and work in California and is just 15 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. The region offers a multitude of diverse entertainment, shopping and exceptional restaurant options. The San Gabriel Valley is less than an hour away from sunny Southern California beaches, and less than two hours away from local mountain resorts like Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead.
Locally, Arcadia is a wonderful, thriving community featuring the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Gardens as well as the Santa Anita Park racetrack, and is located next to the City of Pasadena, which hosts the New Year’s Day Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game annually. The region boasts excellent public and private schools and universities close by, including Cal Tech, USC, UCLA, Cal State Northridge, Cal Poly Pomona, Azusa Pacific University and the Claremont Colleges. Arcadia was recently named “Best Place to Raise Your Kids” by Bloomberg Businessweek magazine and is the perfect place to call home.
Registrar / Patient Service Representative