Under the direction of the Patient Access Supervisor this employee is responsible for promoting a caring and compassionate environment that allows Lake Charles Memorial Hospital to provide an individualized experience to our patients. This employee is devoted to promoting excellent patient and provider relations that encourage a lasting connection. This position gives our patients the access to the care they need by ensuring all scheduled and unscheduled procedures have been authorized by the payer. As well as providing a patient estimate prior to services, when possible, to ensure point of service collections are completed in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- High School graduate or GED certificate.
- Previous work experience in healthcare or medical insurance environment preferred.
- Basic office and keyboarding skills and the ability to use computer, printer, fax machine, scanner and calculator.�
- Basic math skills for collection and reconciliation purposes.�
- Proficient skills and understanding of Word and Excel.�
- Ability to use multiple databases and hospital specific software.
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients from various backgrounds in a professional, enthusiastic, courteous and caring manner.�
- Appropriate phone etiquette.
- Complete understanding of time of service collections and collection goals.� Basic knowledge of medical terminology and insurance/managed care program regulations.