Sampson Regional Medical Center is hiring a Patient Account Representative to join the Patient Financial Services team!
This is a full-time position, normally working 8 hours a day. The selected applicant will work under general supervision, and will be responsible for a variety of business office tasks relating to customer service, claims processing, account follow-up and resolution of patient receivables, cash and adjustment posting, refunds, referral of bad debt accounts to collection agency and/or attorney, resolving account questions/issues with collection agency and/or attorney and maintaining regulatory logs for governmental payers.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Associates Degree in Business or Healthcare Management preferred.
- General working knowledge of computers and Microsoft office products to include Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute with accuracy.
- At least one (1) year experience in hospital or physician office, preferred.
Your Health, Our Passion!