We are searching for a full time Patient Accounts Representative/Collector. This position is responsible and accountable for all aspects of patient service with regards to reimbursement issues. This includes, but is not limited to recovering the Company’s assets by collecting delinquent accounts
Location: Glenview, IL
Competitive Pay & Benefits
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor collection efforts by reviewing computer generated A/R reports, and follow up on all accounts over 60 days.
- Resubmit claims to insurance carriers most by insurance portal, some by fax and mail to identified individuals to promote expeditious payments.
- Evaluate policies and procedures by assessing patient accounts recovered in relation to effort, methods and costs involved.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures for collection of accounts.
- Prepare collection reports by accumulating, analyzing and summarizing account information any trends.
- Minimize losses by referring bad-debt accounts to outside agency. Agencies may move to litigation with approval of Collection Team Supervisor or Manager.
- Uncover errors and/or fraudulent activities by investigating account documentation.
- Prevent losses by notifying all Patient Account Department staff and related personnel of problems.
- Maintain historical records by ensuring that documents are completed and filed according to policy and procedure.
- Contribute to team effort by maintaining and excellent rapport and cooperative working relationship with all other staff.
- Cooperate with office administration by assisting with any other necessary projects and assignments as may be required.
- Prepare credits and/or overpayments reports by accumulating, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Update demographics in database:
- Review and update system with data provided on returned statements
- Review and update system with Report generated by our Statement vendor
- Special Projects on an as-need basis.
- Complies with all IntegraMed policies and procedures, including attendance, dress, corporate compliance, and safety.
- Attends administrative meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Participates in special projects and studies as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and complies with HIPAA regulations
Skills & Requirements
- High School graduate
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in physician billing and collection environment
- Above average communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of office procedures and office machinery
- Effective problem solving and decision making abilities
- Solid computer skills are required
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be a fast learner, willing to learn, takes initiative, has a passion for helping others and is eager to work and accomplish goals in a timely manner.