This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Orange Coast Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Orange Coast Medical Center�s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The Patient Care Assistant I (PCA I) is an unlicensed caregiver working under the direction of the Registered Nurse. The PCA I provides the most basic of patient care including patient data collection, personal hygiene, and assistance with activities of daily living such as ambulating, toileting and feeding. PCA I�s perform tasks as assigned and are instrumental in facilitating departmental/unit flow activities that support patient care and facilitate a safe, clean environment. The PCA I utilizes effective communication and documents data relevant to the care of the patient within their defined scope of practice.The PCA I demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development; as well as incorporating cultural differences, psychosocial and or spiritual needs when providing patient care. In addition, the PCA I collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate or minimum of one (1) year nursing assistant experience or currently enrolled in Nursing Program with successful completion of at least (1) semester preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of recent Acute Care experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Card