Assists nurses with direct and indirect patient care activities. Prepares patients rooms for occupancy after discharge. Additional responsibilities includes blood draws and EKG's.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a Nurse Assistant Certification Program or equivalent
- CPR issued by American Heart Association or Red Cross
- Minimum of six months recent experience as a Nurse Assistant in an acute care setting
- Completion of phlebotomy course or equivalent experience
To provide a safe, healthy environment for our patients, employees and visitors, as of January 1, 2013 McLaren Bay will no longer hire individuals who use nicotine and will test for nicotine during the pre-employment process. Individuals whose health screening results are verified positive for tobacco/nicotine use will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be rescinded, and they will be disqualified from reapplying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the health screening.