St. Joseph’s Health is recognized for the expertise and compassion of its highly skilled and responsive staff. The combined efforts of the organization’s outstanding physicians, superb nurses, and dedicated clinical and professional staff have made us one of the most highly respected healthcare organizations in the state, the largest employer in Passaic County, and one of the nation’s “100 Best Places to Work in Health Care”.
Responsible for assisting patients with activities of daily living, provides basic care to acutely ill patients. Assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs EKG's and Venipuncture as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Work requires a High School diploma or equivalent
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at time of hire or must obtain BLS certification within 6 months of hire
- Phlebotomy/blood drawing experience preferred, but will train.
And 1 of the following:
- PCA/PCT (Patient Care Associate/Patient Care Technician) diploma with 6 months to 1 year of previous work experience within the last 6 months in an healthcare setting OR
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification OR PCA/PCT diploma with National Health Career Association certification OR
- EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) certification OR
- Enrolled in an accredited nursing school program and has completed Nursing Fundamentals level coursework in lieu of PCA/PCT diploma/certification OR
- Provides evidence of completion in Nursing Fundamental level coursework OR
- Evidence of completion in a Nursing Assistant training program OR
- 5 to 7 years of previous direct patient care hospital experience