PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (PCA) / 36 HOURS / NIGHTS / BWH CARDIAC SURGERY INTERMEDIATE CARE UNIT - SHAPIRO 6E/7EW
Excellent Care to Patients and Families • The Best Staff • In the Safest Environment
Nursing at Brigham and Women’s Hospital is known for their excellent clinical practice and for keeping patients and their families at the center of all they do. We understand that great care is shaped by relationships with patients and their families. That’s why we’re committed to knowing our patients on a deeper level — not just as patients, but as individuals — to ensure that they, and their families, feel known and cared for.
At BWH, we proudly work together with a spirit of inquiry and a deep commitment to providing the highest quality, evidence-informed and theory-guided care in an inclusive environment. We work each day to achieve our vision —to provide excellent care to patients and families, with the best staff, in the safest environment.
Just as we have been able to reinvent health care, we have also transformed health care careers. Whether measured in terms of lives saved, awards earned, or the personal satisfaction of stretching your talents – a career with BWH is unlike any other in the health care field. Here you'll find a workplace where collaboration and teamwork are the norm, not the exception – physicians, nurses, technicians, staff and management form a close-knit bond, based on mutual respect and devotion to our patients. If you want an enormously fulfilling career, there’s no better place to be.
The PCA will be responsible for:
- Supporting the RN with clinical tasks, including, but not limited to glucometry, EKGs, and vital signs.
- Responding to the needs of patients and family members and takes a proactive role in the efficient operation of the unit.
To qualify you must have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification as a nursing assistant required upon hire, unless incumbent is a nursing student who has completed her/his fundamentals of nursing with a clinical component (clinical rotation or simulation lab). For nursing students hired as PCAs, strongly prefer nursing students enrolled in BSN programs or direct-entry Masters’ programs.
- Bi-lingual skills preferred.
- Prior experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- May not currently hold a valid nursing license.
Job Brigham and Women’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital I CARE Standards
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I will Communicate my commitment to high quality performance
A. I will Appear and act as a professional
R. I will Respect all individuals
E. I will Extend myself
Primary Location MA-Boston-BWH Boston Main Campus
BWH Boston Main Campus (BWHMAIN)
75 Francis St