Community Health Centers of Greater Dayton (CHCGD) is a non-profit health care organization whose mission is improving lives by providing preventative and primary health care services to those in need, regardless of ability to pay. We promote a family atmosphere and are looking for individuals who share our passion for providing quality patient care and excellent customer service.
The Patient Care Community Health Worker (CHW) works in collaboration with the RN Care Coordinator to evaluate patient progress toward goals assist with the coordination of care with the clinic providers and staff, and other community resources in a team approach.to:
- Promote timely access to care, utilizing resources to remove barriers to care
- Increase utilization of preventive care with motivational interviewing techniques
- Utilize the developed care plan to evaluate patient progress toward goals
- Document in developed care plan and communicate with RN Care Coordinator patient progress toward goals
- Increase continuity of care by managing relationships and communication with tertiary care providers, transitions-in-care and referrals
- Connect patients to relevant community resources, with the goal of enhancing patient health and well-being, increasing patient satisfaction and reducing health care costs
- Increase comprehension through culturally and linguistically appropriate education
- Participate in Huddle, assisting to obtain patient results, referral status, and assigned tasks are completed before and during visit.
Required Skills or Abilities
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of EHR, Next Gen preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint and ability to learn other computer programs.
- Good organizational and self-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of people, from physicians to the patient population.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and adherence to patient’s rights, confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines and regulations
- Knowledge of local community health and social welfare resources preferred
- Ability to relate well to people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of PCMH processes and guidelines
Required Knowledge, Experience or Licensure/Registration
- Previous experience in clinical or community resource setting required.
- Community Health Worker (CHW) Certification preferred, or Associates or Bachelors degree with previous Community Health Worker experience. CPR certification required.
- Knowledge of Community Health Centers preferred.