CorVel is seeking a Patient Care Coordinator for our Durable Medical Equipment dept. department in our Carmel, IN office. The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for participating in the daily operations and maintenance of the CorVel’s Specialty Network Services. Primary duties include facilitating and scheduling medical appointments and services for claimants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes CareIQ tools and process workflows to proactively monitor and manage files using proprietary web based applications. Identifies potential problems and trends, proposes solutions and ensures no delay in care.
- Provides telephonic and written customer support services.
- Types and proofreads notes and correspondence.
- Documents actions and correspondence between parties.
- Ensures files are complete with all appropriate documentation.
- Utilizes CorVel Intranet and SharePoint to remain current of all policies and procedures.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Effective multi-tasking skills in a high-volume, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Outlook and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- High School diploma required.