The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Patient Care Coordinator for a Contract position in St. Petersburg, Florida.
The Patient Care Coordinator will be working in a call center environment under supervision, this position handles inbound calls from patients, patient representatives, providers and other medical staff. Initiates outbound reminder calls and participates in special outbound call campaigns. When appropriate, refers medically related inquiries/requests and complaints to clinic staff for intervention and resolution.
Works collaboratively with clinic staff and other departments to provide an exceptional patient experience.
The hours for this role are Monday- Friday 8-5..
Essential Job Functions
1. Auditing support for the team and/or data miners (
2. Pull various reports including but not limited to PML, Pink Box, Patient Summary detail, etc.
3. Calculating and Submitting expenses and mileage for established POD
4. Quality assurance review of submitted forms
5. Troubleshooting for missing elements (i.e. may include calling radiology providers for copies of mammogram reports)
6. Equipment supply ordering and registration/check out to various employees
7. Assist as necessary with outbound calls
8. Cover for events when necessary
9. Preparation of visit checklist and packets for MA/NP visits (including preparing packet of SDS, FOC, Attestation, and Patient Summary Detail log)
10. Responsible for keeping the overall calendar of all activities/interventions including any PSU screening events
11. Ensure weekly reporting of activities of all PSU/Data mining staff is accurate and timely
12. Responsible for ensuring all Resource Requests are sourced and staffed appropriately
13. Coordinate with mobile screening vendor(s) for completion of FOC
14. Create any member mailings or customized calling scripts that are necessary to support QRA PSU efforts
15. Conduct post audits and ensure all gap measure were capture by corporate team (e.g. no longer pink in pink box)
16. Responsible for end to end process flow and accountable for achieving targets established for their PODS.
17. Ensure direct manager has accurate knowledge of progress, risks, and barriers proactively.
18. Identify training opportunities for staff based on post audits and report findings to direct manager.
Must have qualifications/experience:
? High school graduate or GED required.
? Two years of healthcare related experience including data entry in a medical office
? 2 years or more experience working with Microsoft Office – Excel, word, etc.
? Working knowledge of medical office procedures and medical terminology.
? Ability to accurately sort and file materials by alphabetic or numeric systems
? Effective communication and customer service skills required.
? Ability to travel frequently within assigned market.
? Be flexible and adaptable to change.
? Current Driver’s License and reliable transportation with ability to travel to provider offices.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in the handling of complex inquiries per protocol
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced healthcare driven environment
• Ability to adhere to daily schedules and duties
• Ability to think critically
• Ability to effectively de-escalate and resolve issues
• Excellent listening skills
• Excellent Customer Service voice and demeanor
• Excellent telephone etiquette
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent demonstration of caring and compassion
• Strong computer experience (data entry, screen navigation, keyboarding)
• Strong desire to work with the elderly
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Two years experience in healthcare or customer service environment with direct customer contact
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced call center environment
- Ability to adhere to daily schedules and duties
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to effectively de-escalate and resolve issues
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent Customer Service voice and demeanor
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent demonstration of caring and compassion
- Strong computer experience (data entry, screen navigation, keyboarding)
- Strong desire to work with the elderly
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Familiarity with managed care
- Medical office experience
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)