|Title||Patient Care Facilitator (RN) – NICU|
|Employment Type||Part Time (Regular)|
|Hours Per Pay Period||60|
|Shift Length||12 Hours|
|Mandatory Call Requirement||Occasional Call|
|Mandatory Wknd Requirement||Every 3rd Weekend|
|Description||The Patient Care Facilitator (PCF) proactively directs patient care from shift to shift to ensure patients receive an exceptional experience of care. Primary accountabilities include care coordination, quality, and patient and family satisfaction. The PCF effectively allocates resources by assuring appropriate patient assignments, staffing and scheduling and provides direct patient care as needed. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Areas of Focus and Accountability:
Care Coordination: Synthesizes patient care information necessary to facilitate patient progression, identifies and addresses barriers to discharge, understands level of family support and potential needs on discharge, verbalizes patient needs related to care progression on an ongoing basis, and facilitates discussion that addresses patient unmet needs with interdisciplinary partners in care. Oversees patient flow throughout the continuum. Assures the interdisciplinary patient plan of care is complete and reflects the goals for progression. Mentors and guides staff to actively support the plan for timely discharge.
Quality: Assumes accountability for achieving completion of quality metrics and core measures. Serves as content experts for delivering best practice related to key quality indicators and core measures. Serves on key Quality teams and proactively strives towards increasing the knowledge of front line staff through 1:1 conversations and unit education. Validates staff understanding and the quality of care that patients receive through discussion, audits, and observation. Leads the unit response to opportunities for improvement.
Patient Satisfaction: Understands patient and family satisfaction through meaningful conversation and relationships. Rounding is consistent and intentional, seeking feedback and proactively addressing needs focusing on the patient and family experience. Takes ownership for the patient experience in patient care area and across departments, and collaborates with other departments as opportunities are identified. As a leader, fully understands the patient satisfaction scores and areas of focus. Proactively takes opportunities to close the gap and coach’s staff on behaviors that will influence positive changes. Inspires others to provide the best patient experience in the nation, modeling the way, and encouraging the heart.
1. Aligns with leadership to own unit practice and processes, support strategic direction, and demonstrate core values that are essential to sustaining and nurturing a culture that is patient centric and delivers patient care as it “ought to be.”
2. Manages daily operation of patient care area; maintains flexibility in assuring all patient care requirements are appropriately met. Maintains an awareness of the big picture and flow of the unit.
3. Schedules patient care staff according to scheduling protocol and guidelines. Is a steward of resources, and takes the opportunity to do things differently that is patient centric, productive and efficient.
4. Participates in interviewing, selection and hiring of new staff; orients new staff. Uses our core values as the beacon for behaviors and models these consistently when mentoring and coaching new and existing staff.
5. Develops others, seeking to understand staff aspirations, goals, and supports ongoing staff engagement as demonstrated in daily interactions and practice.
6. Participates in the performance review process of patient care staff; identifies process and staff efficiencies and opportunities for improvement. Is clear, honest and concise with ongoing feedback in a professional and respectful manner.
7. Coordinates equipment and repair needs. Takes ownership for unit readiness and communicates needs as appropriate.
8. Synthesizes patient care information and proactively ensures individualization of plan of care, including ongoing education needs and pain management. Uses the nursing process to ensure comprehensive, goal focused care, and that patients are discharged with resolved patient care needs.
9. Develops and communicates the care plan and interventions based on available evidence/research data coupled with caring and compassion.
10. Partners with patients, families, peers, and other care providers to deliver continuity of patient care. Initiates collaborative review of the plan when continuity is disrupted.
11. Champions individualized patient safety and ensures that quality outcomes are achieved.
12. Evaluates safety, effectiveness, availability, and cost when opting between practice options that will deliver the same patient outcome.
13. Identifies and responds promptly to emergency situations.
14. Serves as an advocate for patients, families, peers, and other care providers.
15. Evaluates quality and effectiveness of care provided to the patient and promotes quality improvement and shared accountability.
16. Contributes to the financial effectiveness of the hospital by working to drive unit and facility stewardship.
17. Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
18. Protects patient/employee privacy and only accesses patient/employee related information as needed to perform job duties.
19. Reports areas of concern or potential violations to manager or other members of hospital leadership via established methods of communication.
|Requirements||Associates Degree in Nursing; Bachelor's Degree in nursing preferred.|
•3-5 years nursing experience in a hospital setting. Previous experience in a leadership role preferred.
•Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in high stress situations; acts quickly in response to critical situations.
•Previous experience and participation in care coordination and quality management activities preferred.
•Solid PC skills to include electronic medical record, MS applications, etc.
•Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
•Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
•Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
•Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
•Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
|License Requirement||Current licensure and registration as an RN in the State of MN.|
Current BLS certification
Current certification preferred:
|Additional Requirements||•Knowledge of nursing theory and practice and primary care principles and practices.|
|Send This Job to a Friend|