Do you have the career opportunities as aPatient Care Technician you want in your current role? We have an excitingopportunity for you to join Lakeview Regional Medical Center, a facility thatis part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCAHealthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees withthe support they need. At Lakeview Regional we offer an array of medical, dental,and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefitspackage truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of ouruniquebenefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with aleading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of ourcolleagues? Join the Lakeview Regional family! We will provide you thetools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currentlylooking for an ambitious Patient Care Technician to help us reach our goals.Unlock your potential here!
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high-quality,patient centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient careservices related to common nursing functions and activities of dailyliving. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCTassists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with thePCT’s skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assiststhe patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safepatient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospitalpolicies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules forunlicensed personnel.
- Team-oriented and fast-paced environment serving a diverse patient population
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to perform activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to the RN/Team Leader.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patient to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Assist patient with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
- Participates as an active member of the healthcare team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.