Do you have the careeropportunities as a Patient Care Technician you want in yourcurrent role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lakeview RegionalMedical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leadingprovider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed toproviding our employees with the support they need. At Lakeview Regional weoffer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as severaladd-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and yourfamily needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlockyour potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth anddevelopment of our colleagues? Join the Lakeview Regional family! We willprovide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. Weare currently looking for an ambitious Patient Care Technician on our SeniorBehavioral Health Unit to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Patient CareTechnician (PCT) delivers high-quality, patient centered care by performing avariety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursingfunctions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of theregistered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patientcare in accordance with the PCT’s skills/training and the needs of theDepartment, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining aclean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCTcomplies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board ofNursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
- Team-oriented and fast-paced environment serving a diverse patient population
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to perform activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to the RN/Team Leader.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patient to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Assist patient with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
- Participates as an active member of the healthcare team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.