Under the direct supervision of a Nurse, provide basic nursing care for the personal and comfort needs of the patient.
Med/Surg - Oncology in Rock Island specialize in Oncology and Neuro and care for overflow general medical patients. They provide inpatient chemotherapy or work with patients having issues related to their cancer diagnosis. Neurology cares include Stroke, head injury, and Epilepsy patients. Including special monitoring equipment related to Neuro care.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Contributes toward accomplishment of patient’s Plan of Care goals by providing care activities as assigned by the nurse.
- Demonstrates competence in the implementation/administration of age appropriate care in accordance with established Practice Guidelines, Policies/Procedures and State/Federal Law in regards to hygiene, nutritional, elimination, and activity measures as well as non-sterile/non-invasive procedures, oxygen setup, simple dressings, traction set-up, blood glucose testing, measuring and recording vital signs and non-sterile specimen collection.
- Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
- Promotes monitors and maintains a safe clean environment by assisting with identifying safety needs of patients and modifying the environment to meet these needs, perform light housekeeping functions to maintain a clean, neat and orderly work/patient care area, adhering to established Universal/Standard precautions.
- Provides for efficient operation of unit/department by taking initiative and assuming other responsibilities as needed.
- Contributes effectively to the communication needs of the department by acknowledging patients, healthcare providers and visitors upon arrival to the unit, engaging in collaborative communication, identifying and reporting patient care concerns in a timely manner, practicing excellent telephone etiquette.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
License(s)/Certification(s): Successful completion and documentation of one of the following:
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Multicultural sensitivity.
- Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
- Customer/patient focused.
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Other: Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position. Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities.