Enjoy what you do while contributing to a company that makes a difference in people’s lives. Shady Grove Fertility, one of the premier fertility centers in the United States, continually seeks experienced, compassionate, and dynamic team players who are committed to delivering exceptional patient care to join our growing practice. The work we do building families offers stimulation, challenge, and personal reward.
If you're a Financial Counselor looking for a new opportunity to work in a fast-paced, professional environment where your talent contributes to changing people’s lives, then we want to talk to you. This position requires collaborating with physicians, other medical providers, and patients by providing expert care and service for fertility treatments.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Financial Counselor to work in our busy Rockville, MD office. The schedule is Monday through Friday, daytime hours.
How You'll Contribute:
We always do whatever it takes, even if it isn’t specifically our “job.” In general, the Financial Counselor is responsible for:
- Consult with patients regarding their benefits, coverage and financial options
- Perform aspects of benefit verification and prior authorization
- Provide ongoing financial education and assistance to our patients throughout the continuum of their care, as an educator, advocate, and liaison
- Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal financial and insurance information
What You'll Bring:
The skills and education we need are:
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of medical business office experience, with working knowledge of healthcare billing and collections, insurance/benefits, and patient interaction
- Must have experience reading and understanding payer remittance advice. Includes the ability to differentiate between allowed charges, contractual adjustments, line item denials/reasons, patient responsibility (co-pay, co-insurance, and deductibles), etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working in an OB/GYN or Urology office is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to communicate with departments, employees, physicians, managers, patients, and insurance companies
- Strong oral and written communication skills, independent worker, detailed-oriented, computer savvy
- Proficient with Microsoft programs, specifically Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel
- High level of customer service essential
More important than the best skills, however, is the right person. Employees who embrace our mission, vision, and core values are highly successful.
At Shady Grove Fertility, we promote and develop individual strengths in order to help staff grow personally and professionally. Our core values - Empathy, Patient Focus, Integrity, Commitment, and Compassion (EPICC) – guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do. We’re committed to growing our practice and are always looking to promote from within. This is an ideal time to join our team!
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay + bonus
- Comprehensive training
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
To learn more about our company and culture, visit here.
How To Get Started:
To have your resume reviewed by someone on our Talent Acquisition team, click on the “Apply” button. Or if you happen to know of someone who might be interested in this position, please feel free to share the job description by clicking on an option under “Share This Job” at the top of the screen.