Caravel Autism Health (CAH) is a leading provider of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services, treating children with autism disorders. Caravel’s team of autism health professionals is dedicated to working with children who have autism, and their families, to develop skills, create connections and instill confidence.
The Patient Financial Services Clerk is responsible for timely, thorough, and accurate scanning of patient medical records. This position provides support and may serve as back up to the Authorization team by assisting the team with Third Party Payer verifications or authorizations.
Non-Essential Functions/Other Duties:
Supervisory Responsibility: Not applicable.
Travel Required: Not applicable.
This is largely a sedentary role, with frequent sitting and computer keyboarding (10-key) required. Some lifting (up to 35 pounds), stooping and bending are required.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years minimum medical insurance, billing, or claims processing related experience required
Skills and Competencies:
- Detail oriented and maintain high levels of accuracy for high volumes of data
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Dependable with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of medical billing and ICD-10, and CPT coding, as well as knowledge of financial concepts a plus.
- Displays professionalism and represents organization in a professional manner.
- Ability to abide by ethical guidelines and policies, including strict adherence to confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must be able to pass a Wisconsin Caregiver’s Background Check