You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Patient Financial Specialist.
Your attention to detail is tangible: you take pride in your work. You have a passion for assisting others navigate various public benefit programs.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Platte Valley Medical Centeris a partner of SCL Health which is a nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed community hospital is proud to offer comprehensive, integrated care focused on holistic health. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefitsare one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
Schedule: Monday - Wednesday: 2:00pm-10:30pm; Thursday and Friday: off; Saturday and Sunday: 9:30am-6:00pm.
As a Patient Financial Specialist, you need to know how to:
- Meet with patients and screen for potential Medicaid/State Public Benefit eligibility according to state based guidelines. Complete and submit appropriate applications to Department of Human Services or MA Site as applicable. Follow up through determination.
- Educate patients about the Affordable Care Act, including potential eligibility during both open enrollment and in the situation of a life qualifying events. Explain qualified health plans, essential health benefits, differences in plan affordability, premium tax credits, and cost sharing. Assist individuals navigating through the web based State or Federal Marketplace.
- Meet with patients to review and process financial assistance applications. Ensure completeness, verify supporting documentation, run credit reports and determine eligibility.
- Provide procedure Price Quotes to patients. Assist uninsured expectant mothers who are ineligible for public benefits to sign up for SCL Health’s Uninsured Maternity Program. Assist patients with Prescription Reimbursement programs.
- Provide patients with an Explanation of Benefits and answer questions related to coverage and billing. Complete Point of Service Collections of co-pays, deductibles, and deposits. Arrange payment plans and process contract payments in Wells Fargo system and Epic.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual - Spanish, required
- Current Certified Application Counselor (CAC) and Certified Application Assistant Site (CAAS) certifications, current or obtained within 60 days
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in hospital site financial counseling, hospital/medical office, medical insurance and/or customer service
- Demonstrated understanding of state and federal programs available
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, SSDI, and SSI qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the 501r regulation
- Demonstrated knowledge of Connect for Health Colorado programs and the ability to maintain certification
- Previous Certified Application Counselor training (CAC) – State and/or Federal
- At least two (2) years of experience in hospital site financial counseling, hospital/medical office, medical insurance and/or customer service
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Patient Financial Specialist on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.