Patient Host/Hostess (Full-Time & Part-Time) - SEARHC Hospital-SEA00286
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Patient Host/Hostess is the perfect position for the applicant that loves people! This position is responsible for day to day contact with in-patients. The Host/Hostess performs a variety of duties connected with menus, serving activities, food service record keeping, and related services.
The successful applicant for this position will either live in or be relocating to the Sitka, AK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers and picks up trays from patient’s room.
- Works closely with patients in a hospital environment.
- Capable of communicating effectively with patients.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret age appropriate data about the patient’s status in order to identify age-specific needs and provide the care needed.
- Ensures proper food safety handling procedures.
- Supports an active safety program.
- Capable of recognizing a nutritionally balanced meal.
- Able to confirm patient’s name and room location for tray delivery.
- Able to Accurately assembles trays per menus for the following diets:
- Soft/Low Residue/Bland
- Low Sodium
- Low Fat
- Lactose Restricted
- Combination Diets
- Demonstrates the ability to follow direction and work independently
- Participates is FOSS (Focus on Service Spirit) training and CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm & Service) behaviors.
- Assists with portioning of foods for patients.
- Responds and cooperates with changes in workload.
- Actively supports and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Assists coworkers during staffing shortages.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- Must have High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have Alaska Food Handlers Card or ServSafe certification contingent upon 30 days of hire.
- Must have six (6) months of experience in food service or janitorial industry.
- Must have knowledge of proper food service sanitation methods and equipment.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- One (1) year experience in food service in healthcare preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside.
Noise level: Moderate
Description of environment: This is an industrial kitchen located in a health care setting.
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us email@example.com
Job:Food Preparation & Service
Deadline to Fill:Dec 11, 2019