The Patient Navigator will work with Physicians and multidisciplinary team members to develop a plan of care for each assigned patient from admission through discharge; provides the care status of the patient to all entities participating in and referring to the spine center including spine providers, primary care physicians and referring physicians, behavioral health providers, ancillary staff and patients. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously assessing and responding to patient and family needs by coordinating efforts of other team members; navigating through the healthcare system; providing community resources; identifying and resolving barriers that hinder effective patient care. Provides support as the patient deems necessary.
- Graduate of an accredited LVN program.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to mulit-task
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel and department specific softwareMinimum 3 years' experience in health care.Spine experience preferred
- Case Management experience preferred
- Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of Texas
- CPR certificaiton required