"Serving Humanity to Honor God"
This mission also includes Methodist Healthcare Ministries' one-half ownership of the Methodist Healthcare System – the largest healthcare system in South Texas. This creates a unique avenue to ensure the Methodist Healthcare System continues to be a benefit to the community by providing quality care to all and charitable care when needed, and it provides revenue to Methodist Healthcare Ministries for its programs.
"To be the leader
for improving wellness
of the least served"
- Arranges referrals to specialty care physicians for MHM clinic patients who have been approved for the Methodist Healthcare System (MHS) Financial Assistance Program
- Coordinates MHS Financial Assistance Program application process for both MHM patients and non-MHM patients
- Works closely with MHS Patient Account Services concerning charity care applications
- Coordinates charity admissions to Methodist Healthcare System facilities
- Develops relationships and communicates with specialty physician office staff
- Identifies patient need and arranges for medical specialists to whom referrals can be made
- Solicits pro-bono medical specialty services.Negotiates fee for services when pro-bono services are not available
- Schedules and monitors patient appointments, provider services, physician/hospital visits, diagnostic and/or invasive procedures, follow-up care and therapy for charity client population
- Communicates with MHM clinics regarding specialty providers’ acceptance of patient, appointments and need for follow up care
- Consults with physicians, mid-level healthcare practitioners, social services and other members of a multi-disciplinary team, as appropriate regarding patient referrals
- Secures and updates supplementary information such as applications, employment, and verification of documentation for non-MHM clinic patients
- Informs non-MHM patients of approval for MHS Financial Assistance Program
- Coordinates with healthcare providers, community service agencies, social workers and other agencies to provide care
- Provides referrals to internal departments and external agencies as needed
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from clients
- Organizes and maintains records, rosters, and lists of participating physician specialists
- Completes and maintains referral records
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school or general education diploma (GED) required; Associate’s degree in Healthcare-related field preferred. One to three years in healthcare industry preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read, analyze medical documents, knowledge of medical terminology. Fluent in English and Spanish required.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates and Licenses:
Demonstrate working knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel, patient management and electronic health records software.
Ability to drive and have access to a car; maintain valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to an office environment and may have direct contact with patients. Position necessitates bending, stooping, twisting, turning, walking, climbing step stools, sitting and standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and maneuver 25 pounds
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) and subcontractor(s) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
MHM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MHM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MHM's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
MHM makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodation would impose an undue business hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to participate in the application process.
Alternative application methods are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system.