Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Patient Relations Manager
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive, and integrated care right in our patients’ communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan at 24 locations, and soon will open locations on the East Coast starting in Pennsylvania. Visit www.oakstreethealth.com to learn more.
Oak Street Health takes a team-based approach to providing outstanding patient care. Our Service Team builds individual relationships with our patients and ensure they are happy with their experience. The Service Team is responsible for delivering excellent, high-touch assistance to our patients everyday.
Patient Relations Managers (PRMs) are an integral part of our team. They are the insurance experts at each clinic. They advocate for our patients by helping them navigate through insurance options and bills. They are also a resource to the care team and outreach team for questions regarding medicare and eligibility. PRMs are key players during Open Enrollment ensuring that our patients are informed of all their options surrounding Medicare.
- Learn the ins and outs of Medicare and use knowledge to assist patients with navigating insurance issues
- Serve as internal resource in the clinic on insurance questions for physicians and staff
- Assist patients in navigating the healthcare system, help patients resolve medical bills inside and outside of Oak Street Health (advocate for the patient)
- Gain the trust of Oak Street Health patients in an effort to properly advise them in their healthcare coverage
- Manage the welcome visit and orientation process for new Oak Street Health patients
- Assist patients with applying for public benefits, such as Public Aid, free phones, and Extra Help for prescription drugs
- Support the clinic management team on operational activities as needed, including scheduling and billing
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Foster patient engagement through the design and execution of events, including center tours
- Other duties as assigned
This role reports to the Practice Manager and has significant opportunity for advancement.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for motivated, experienced Patient Relations Managers with:
- A problem-solving orientation and a flexible and positive attitude
- An eagerness to help us build and refine our operating model
- Sales background preferred, but not required
- Experience with and a supportive attitude toward our patient population of older adults
- Familiarity with relevant patient population
- Community health experience preferred
- Proficient PC skills
- Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”. What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other healthcare companies, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- High levels of responsibility and opportunities for rapid advancement
- Generous retirement options, paid vacation/sick time, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- Supportive and fun culture
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of our co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers