Patient Relations & Safety Advisor
Department: Risk Mgmt
Job Type: Full Time
Job Class: Non-Union
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: 8am-4:30pm
Date Posted: 11/12/2018
Requisition Number: hrq-85938
Reports directly to the Dir. Risk Management/Patient Safety Officer to coordinate risk management activities and patient safety efforts.
· Daily monitoring of Safety Event Reports (SERS) for triage, assessing completeness, accuracy and follow up.
· Promote the organization-wide SERS (Safety Event Reporting System) on line occurrence reporting process including, trending and reporting of results, identification of problem prone areas and the facilitation of prevention initiatives.
· Provide immediate notification of sentinel events to the clinical risk managers and manager of patient relations
· Categorizing complaints into the Feedback database system and responding to patient complaints received via phone, email, letters, social media and initiate review as directed by Manager of Patient Relations
· Work with unit/site managers for any low level complaint, lost items, issues resolved immediately by manager and assist with Service Recovery efforts
· Manage all aspects of database management of the SERS/Feedback Systems and participate in communications of issues and concerns related to IT functions of the system
· Support the investigation of all potentially compensable and preventable/Near Miss adverse events.
· Support any review of sentinel events requiring Root Cause Analysis in collaboration with the Dir. Of Risk and Patient Safety as well as with the clinical risk managers to document and disseminate lessons learned and process improvement plans effectively throughout CHA.
· Conduct immediate/appropriate review and response to any patient complaint under the direction of the Manager of Patient Relations. Support the reporting out of trends, findings, and actions to local and organization-wide leadership which may include, as directed by the Dir of Risk Management.
· High energy and organized individual with strong communications, interpersonal and systems thinking skills. Ability to communicate both oral and written with all levels of personnel.
· Proven ability to manage a thorough understanding of risk and patient safety processes, tools and techniques of reporting to and adhering to regulations promulgated by the Board of Registration in Medicine, and Department of Public Health/Department of Mental Health and CMS regulations
· Experience with performing and supporting the functions of root cause analysis and preventive risk management strategies.
· Bachelor's degree in a health related field required; clinical and/or IT database management experience highly desirable.
· Experience with standard Google and Microsoft Office or related products
· Knowledge of RL Solutions RL6 Risk and Feedback electronic event reporting products and data management systems.
· Able to function effectively, independently, and efficiently in a stressful and dynamic work environment.[cha072516]