The patient relations and safety coordinator contributes to the quality and safety of health care delivery by serving as a as a single point of contact for the patient/family when a concern involves multiple departments/units, answering questions, assuring their concerns are addressed, and compassionately guiding them through their hospital experience. This position is responsible for facilitating the investigation and resolution of patient/family complaints/grievances that cannot be resolved at the point of care. This position is also responsible for assuring that any grievance is addressed in compliance with regulatory requirements. In addition, this position is responsible for advocating for patients by providing information on the patient/family involvement in their care and on the mechanisms for reporting a safety/care concern. This position is also responsible for the facilitation of performance improvement processes and patient safety initiatives to support continuous improvement in the provision of safe, quality patient care throughout CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care. This position will monitor and coordinate responses to assigned regulatory compliance issues related to performance improvement and patient safety.
- Knowledge of Windows, Internet, E-mail, Meditech, Microsoft Word and Word Perfect and other software is required. Computer skills necessary to access Patient Compliant Form using demographic information from the Meditech Program to process patients and families concerns. Familiar with word processing software for internal and external correspondence. Internet skills required to support patient satisfaction program.
- Other office machine equipment knowledge required, i.e. fax machines and copiers.
- Understands the complexity of the health care environment. Organizational ability necessary to effectively coordinate a variety of detailed oriented activities simultaneously.
- Possesses professional interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written). Demonstrates diplomatic problem-solving abilities while working with multiple departments.
- Establishes priorities accurately and effectively in meeting the needs of patients and families. Able to identify problems and implement solutions relative to customer service. Respects confidentiality of patients, families and their records.
- At least three years experience in the health care environment in a position that provided interaction and problem solving situations with patients and families, management team members, administration and physicians.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Licensed Vocational Nurse/Registered Nurse with a valid Texas license required
- May be required to work hours other than those normally scheduled.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Must hold (or obtain within 60 days of hire) Notary Public Commission in the State of Texas to provide services, patients, families, associates and physicians.