Fairview Health Services is looking for a Patient Representative based out of the Fairview Clinic – Riverside in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This position is approved for 80 hours every two weeks and is benefit eligible. This location is open Monday – Thursday from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm and Fridays from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. This position does require that you park offsite and take a shuttle to the clinic.
This position is responsible for creating the first impression of Fairview’s services to patients, families, and other external customers by providing superior service with their interactions. (i.e. Create a welcoming atmosphere to all clinic guests). To ensure high quality care, and as a member of the care team, the patient representative supports quality patient- and family-centered care principles through performing a variety of high level functions within a care team to support the needs of the healthcare team and patients/families. The patient representative will continually look for opportunities to improve processes and workflow.
- Provide superior customer service, in person and on the phone to all customers
- Schedule and maintains patient appointments.
- Patient registration and check in process
- Ensure appropriate communication utilizing appropriate systems for documentation.
- As a member of the care team, continuously improve work processes, environment and the overall experience to serve customers and meet business goals
- One year previous healthcare and/or customer service experience
- Vocational/Technical Training
- Two years scheduling patient appointments and/or registering patient information with knowledge of insurance in a practice management system or equivalent combinations of education and on year experience
Other Required Skills
- Demonstrated focus on customer service/patient service with every interaction
- Excellent public relations and communication skills
- Ability to work as an effective team member to provide exceptional care
- Good telephone and computer skills
- Must be flexible to work various shifts and locations as required
- Ability to use appropriate computer applications
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate critical thinking skills and engage in ongoing process improvement
- Knowledge of medical terminology