Reporting to the Chief Quality Officer, acts as a liaison to medical staff, hospital staff and hospital leadership to identify opportunities that improve clinical processes, facilitate change and provide follow-up to ensure successful outcomes. The Patient Safety and Performance Improvement Coordinator assesses clinical systems, performance, processes and outcomes to determine if the care delivered was appropriate, efficient and effective. Ensures pertinent and timely resolution of actual and potential quality concerns. Supports and promotes the organization-wide Quality program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performance Improvement Champion: Promotes organization wide understanding of the Quality program. Ensures timely and effective resolutions of patient care issues. Serves as a resource for robust performance improvement by providing information, assisting in the facilitation of performance improvement initiatives, conducting or providing education as requested by staff or leadership to include Root Cause Analysis, Failure Modes Effects Analysis, and Event Reviews.
- Performance Measurement and Improvement Team Leadership: Applies theoretical and practical knowledge to the performance improvement process, and facilitates teams in application of the P-D-C-A process, as well as other team strategies. Facilitates a multi-disciplinary approach to identify opportunities for performance improvement, facilitates change, assists with follow-up and evaluation of performance improvement activities as evidenced by defined metrics and achievement of defined outcomes.
- Data Management and Analysis: Supports and monitors data collection to measure, analyze, develop and present reports to the Quality Committee, and offer support to departmental initiatives and performance improvement teams. Analyze trends for review by appropriate committees and assist in development of action plans and follow up for resolution of issues.
- Patient Safety:
- Ensures and supports the investigation and timely resolution of potential or actual patient safety/quality of care issues. This includes Root Cause Analysis, FMEA, and Event Review.
- Supports leadership and staff with the development and implementation of process changes, and evaluation of effectiveness of the initiatives.
- Facilitates other performance improvement initiatives as directed. o Tracks, trends, and analyzes events and provides monthly reports to the Chief Quality Officer. Assists with data entry on an as needed basis. o Is able to effectively and efficiently utilize ActionCue by reviewing reported events and providing information to Leadership in a timely fashion regarding events that impact their areas.
- Facilitates point of service investigation, acts as liaison to point of service manager to ensure accuracy and completeness of reporting, and timely resolution of events.
- Teamwork & Relationships: Demonstrates ability to work with all disciplines to achieve a common goal and successful outcomes. Proactive and effective in developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with physicians, hospital leaders and employees. Participates in making and accomplishing recommendations for improving working relationships in the work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.