8:00am to 4:30pm
The Patient Scheduling Manager, the Patient Scheduling Clerk schedules appointments, instructs and assists clients with regard to appropriate scheduling protocols/clinic procedures, answers and directs all phone calls, maintains a professional and confidential working environment. The Patient Scheduling Clerk assists trained staff where needed and uses initiative, sound judgment, and communication skills to enable efficient and effective use of the Scheduling Center and its resources.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Schedule, reschedule, confirm and cancel appointments, return all call backs generated in the system, records information and effectively communicates appointment schedule to patients
· Controls the flow of calls that are presented on the Zeacom desktop application.
· Answer and evaluate patient need and direct phone calls to appreciate site, advice nurse or leadership
· Verify demographics in eClinicalsand update contact information.
· Advice patients of features and benefits of the Patient Portal and other tools offered through Unity Health Care
· Serve as liaison between patients, teammates, and the health centers.
· Reviews and update all client related information for accuracy prior to confirming appointment or disconnecting from call and completeness of information, assisting the client where necessary.
· Completes team review weekly checking for PSC scheduling errors and submit to team leader or supervisor
· Discreetly handles and enters sensitive personal confidential information
· Adheres to Unity's HIPAA guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
· Maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
· Maintains files and/or client database.
· Performs within expected guidelines regarding hold time, dropped calls, calls answered, abandoned calls, etc.
· Meet key metrics important for goals and benchmark data.
· Attend monthly Front Office meeting when necessary
· Perform responsibilities with the required Customer Service standards
· Introduce callers to patient engagement tools as appropriate
· Follow all regulatory grant guidelines
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Excellent interpersonal communication, customer service skills, and telephone etiquette are
· For bilingual position, candidate must be proficient in both English and Spanish