7:45am to 4:15pm
The Patient Scheduling Manager, the Patient Scheduling Clerk performs patient registration, schedules appointments, instructs and assists clients with regard to appropriate scheduling protocols/clinic procedures, answers and directs all phone calls, maintains a professional and confidential working environment. The Patient Scheduling Clerk assists trained staff where needed and uses initiative, sound judgment, and communication skills to enable efficient and effective use of the Scheduling Center and its resources.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Schedules appointments, records information, and effectively communicates appointment schedule to patients.
· Controls the flow of calls that are presented on the Zeacom desktop application.
· Performs necessary registration functions to include registering a new patient as well as verifies current demographic information in eClinicals. Updates demographic information, emergency contact information, and "other" information as dictated.
· Serves as liaison between patients, teammates, and the health centers.
· Reviews all client related information for accuracy and completeness of information, assisting the client where necessary.
· Maintains a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
· Maintains files and/or client database.
· Performs within expected guidelines regarding hold time, dropped calls, calls answered, abandoned calls, etc.
· Meets key metrics important for goals and benchmark data.
· Floats to cover absences of Patient Registration Clerks at the community health centers.
· Attends monthly Patient Registration Clerk meetings.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum of one year of experience in an office setting, preferably a medical office setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPEREINCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Strong customer service background.
· Knowledge of medical terminology and insurances.
· Good oral, written, and telephone communication skills; Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
· Ability to work independently or in a team oriented environment and interrelate well with individuals with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and needs.
· Basic working knowledge of computers.
· Typing 40 WPM preferred.