Acts as a representative in all areas of clerical support. Assumes responsibility for all facets of front desk operations, including greeting and registering patients, answering phones, scheduling appointments, entering patient charges and demographics, retrieving and updating medical records, collecting fees and performing general clerical and other duties as assigned.Also assists provider in the administration of patient care in assigned clinical areas by assisting with patient examinations, procedures, diagnostic studies, treatment, and dressing changes and performs general administrative duties
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program.
- Two to three years’ experience in health care setting performing similar work activities including, but not limited to clerical, billing or insurance processing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Medical Assistant Certification requirement. Must sit for and pass the certification exam through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) within 6 months of their employment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of related work experience in a hospital or medical office setting preferred.
Standard of Business Conduct
Individuals are required to refrain from participating in any activities that could be construed as fraud and abuse. Requires the ability to follow Catholic Medical Center’s Standards of Business Conduct in any instance where you feel there is suspicion of fraud or abuse, or a violation of the law. The Standards of Business Conduct requires that suspicion or knowledge of any person(s) in violation of the Code be reported to the Corporate Compliance Officer. The extent to which you comply with the requirements contained within the Code will be a factor in evaluating your overall job performance.