Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT WORKING IN HEALTHCARE? COLLEGE STUDENT? STAY AT HOME MOM? RETIRED BUT WANTING SOMETHING TO STAY BUSY?
PRN (AS NEEDED) FLOAT POOL MAY BE JUST THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
PRN (Can work from 0-40 hours a week) PATIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE IN THE FLOAT POOL
ABILITY TO WORK IN DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS ON A DAILY BASIS
giving you broad exposure to different departments in healthcare. As PRN,
HOURS CAN BE FEW OR AS MANY AS SCHEDULE PERMITS
, and you could potentially wok 0-5 days per week
depending on availability.
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS
! Working in the
can also open the doors to many
down the road if you are interested in
. We encourage
to our internal associates that are eligible to transfer who apply to positions within our organization.
THIS ROLE IS A GREAT STEPPING STONE FOR ADVANCEMENT!
Duties & Responsibilities:
Gather patient information in the function areas of payment planning, insurance verification and treatment records. Works independently with general supervision in order to pre-register all scheduled patients for services to be rendered, verifying insurance benefits and obtaining pre-certifications as required.
- Responsible for insurance verification.
- Schedule patients accurately within guidelines and protocols of practice
- Scan copies of all registration forms and insurance cards and other required forms into EHR
- Contacts insurance companies for benefit information and obtains information regarding copayments/deductibles to be collected at time of service.
- Contacts physician offices for necessary pre-authorizations as required.
- Refers all self-pay patients to the financial counselor.
- Observe professional ethics in maintaining confidential information acquired concerning the personal, financial, and medical or employment status of patients
- and their families.
- Receive, interview and registers patients using a positive and courteous tone.
- Enter correct patient data into the computer terminals and make corrections to errors in records as necessary
- Collect deposits on patient accounts and balances cash drawers
- Assist arranging transportation for indigent patients.
- Verify accuracy of forms and corrects errors.
- Utilize screening and determination forms to assist eligible patients in obtaining financial aid.
- Answer questions about patient bills.
- Answers inbound phone calls from patients, scheduling etc.
- Collect outstanding balances due.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Mail out patient information packets to new patients prior to initial visit.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
High school graduate or equivalent required, additional college or vocational training preferred or minimum 3 years
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
cheduled Weekly Hours:
Days (United States of America)
Physician Services Entity
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.Compensation & Benefits
EEO is the Law
FMLA Rights - EnglishLa FMLA Español
- Paid Holidays
- Health Care On Site
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- On Site Cafeteria
- Merchandise Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedules
- Gym Memberships
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Military Leave
- Life Insurance
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Performance bonus
- Employee Events
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Vacation/paid time off
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Prescription Drug Coverage