Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career sitehere.
Responsible for patient and clinic coordination including; scheduling appointments, patient registration, cashiering functions, and answering phone calls.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Enters patient information (including demographic, insurance, and financial information) into appropriate computer systems. Completes required patient paperwork and checks that patient charts are prepared for visits and available to clinical staff. Assists and educates patients regarding their account information.
- 2. Financial duties: Collects payments to account and co-payments, and balances credit card machine daily. Prepares daily bank deposit from batch payments and/or misc. payments by mail. Balances cash drawer daily. Educates patients on financial assistance process / forms and enters applicable information into the computer system. Monitors financial scorecard measures and charge entry errors (i.e. A/R, Bump Lists, Registration Audit Reports, etc.)
- 3. Office clerical duties: Schedules patient visits and maintains provider schedules. Answers phone calls to the facility and resolves or forwards the calls. Performs filing, scanning, and organization of front office supplies / materials.
- 4. Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. CQI, TQM, Lean, 100% participation, etc.).
- Entry Rate: $13.75 or more depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-Time, 36 hours a week
- Department:Highland Clinic
- Additional Details: This position will work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday (hours this day are 10-7pm) and Friday. The hours for Monday, and Wednesday and Friday are 8-5:30
- Six months of customer service experience involving interactions with customers in person and by phone.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills involving word processing and data entry.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- One year of customer service experience, especially in a Hospital or Medical Office.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Expiration Date: Monday, January 27, 2020