Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
We are hiring a part-time (0.6 FTE) Patient Services Coordinator for our Cardiac Renal Inpatient Unit to work days, evenings, and every other weekend.
Under general supervision, greets, responds to and provides customer service to patients and their families, visitors, guests and the interdisciplinary health care team while supporting a patient and family centered healthcare environment. Facilitates the nursing unit activities generated by accurately and efficiently performing the non-clinical tasks to support patient care and service. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties for the unit as well as coordinates unit communications.
- Functions as a central point of communication for the unit
- Provides customer service for patients, visitors, guests, and the interdisciplinary health care team
- Promotes organization and smooth functioning of unit and assists in maintaining unit efficiency
- Performs general receptionist duties
- Coordinates patient admissions, transfer and discharge process within EPIC and direct patient service
- Coordinates obtaining and maintaining designated supplies, equipment, and inventory for the unit
- Provides basic technical support and maintenance of computer functions
- Serves as a resource for health care team members, to assist them in navigating the electronic health record
- Monitors, facilitates, and acts on orders
- One year office clerical experience
- Approved education
- An approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic computer skills including experience with an electronic health record, Epic experience
- One year of related experience in a similar healthcare (hospital/ inpatient) environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work cohesively and respectfully with a diverse workforce and patient population in a patient and family centered work environment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and duties. simultaneously in response to patient/ family and healthcare team needs
- Ability to effectively communicate information verbally and in writing as well as the ability to read and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to meet quality and productivity standards, including accuracy in patient registrations and scheduling as well as customer service expectations
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.