Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
We are hiring a full-time (1.0 FTE) Patient Services Coordinator for our Ambulatory Registration team to be based at our Clinic and Specialty Center in downtown Minneapolis. This position will work primarily days with possible evening rotations.
The role of the Patient Services Coordinator is to provide excellent customer services to patients and their families. Duties include; checking patients, collecting co-pays, answering incoming phone calls for clinic appointments and other communications with staff or providers. In addition verifies patient information to include insurance verification and updates any changes in the electronic health record. Responsible for checking patients out after the visit and making any necessary follow-up appointments. The PSC will monitor activities in the waiting room to ensure a safe and patient friendly environment, communicating to patients when providers or clinics are running late.
- Utilizing the electronic health record accurately and efficiently registers and schedules patients
- Perform the following functions:
- Check patient in
- Collect co-payments
- Schedule and reschedule appointments
- Verify insurance, updating patient information in the scheduling system or universal data set as part of the PAR process
- Check patient out and schedule follow-up appointments within the clinic or in other hospital departments
- Provide patient services with excellent customer service
- Responsible for handling patient financial transactions:
- Cash Box
- Cash Collections
- Credit/ Debit card transactions
- Daily reconciliation reports
- Provides basic technical support and maintenance of computer/ fax/ copier and hardware
- Performs general receptionist duties
- Provides customer service for patients, visitors, guests, and the interdisciplinary health care team
- Coordinates obtaining and maintaining designated supplies and inventory for the clinic
- Promotes the organization and assists in maintaining clinic efficiency
- Ensures patients are checked-in in a timely and friendly manner
- Ensures personal workspace and patient waiting areas are kept neat and sanitized
- Perform other duties as assigned
- One year office clerical experience
- An approved equivalent combination of education and experience
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.