Patient Services Coordinator -
2 full time positions for the Bluewater Bay (Niceville) location
weekday hours vary 7/10am to 4/7pm; rotating Saturday 8am to 4pm
weekday hours 8am to 5pm; rotating Saturday 8am to 4pm
The Patient Service Coordinator is responsible for registering new patients, updating existing patient accounts, schedule appointments, and other office functions and processes to support the achievement of Objectives and Philosophy of White-Wilson Medical Center.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer telephones, schedule/reschedule and coordinate appointments, take and relay information and messages.
- Check-in patient at arrival time for appointment, check patient information for completeness, i.e., address, telephone, insurance information, collect co-pays, open balances, or office visit charge for self-pay patients. Update patient information
- Interviews with new patients, and completes new patient registration form to include patient and responsible party information, insurance, HIPAA, and financial information. Assigns account number. Verifies active insurance coverage.
- Performs computer data entry of new patient registration and makes changes to existing account and patient information. Makes on line notes when necessary.
- Verifies workers compensation visits, Motor Vehicle Accident, and Employer/Employee (E) accounts, obtaining insurance carrier information and date of accident from the employer.
- Interviews and establishes payment plans for patients with current and FC-W balances.
- Assists patients with their insurance filing needs, and provides general insurance information such as deductibles, co-pays, participating doctor status, reconciliation of accounts, collections of payments, etc.
- Receives payments from patient and/or statement recipients. Completes daily transaction form at the end of each day. Keep record of all payments received.
- On patient’s departure, review charges within EMR for accurate charge total, charge price entered and totaled, and collect co-insurance deductibles, additional self-pay charges and open balances.
- Send, receive and distribute faxes.
- Call patients to remind them of next day appointments as required.
- Screen drug representatives to ensure providers are willing to see them.
- Reconcile charges and payments at close of day.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Consistently displays a positive attitude and demonstrates a personal commitment to excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Remains proactive regarding provider’s schedules, verifying insurance and notifying receptionist when patients need to visit patient accounts.
- Determines and collects patient Share of Cost for upcoming procedures. Verifies patient insurance. Uses Availity or calls insurance company to determine patient coverage for procedure (CPT) codes. Informs patient and collects SOC for procedure. Return completed paperwork to physician office. Documents in patient chart.
- Assists with training of new employees.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Maintain strict confidentiality, following HIPAA guidelines.
- Consistently displays a positive attitude and a personal commitment to excellence.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
May need to fill in at another location.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are dependent on clinic needs.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Business office experience preferred.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Some knowledge of medical terminology, ICD and CPT coding, basic anatomy, X-Ray and laboratory test preferred.
- Operate a personal computer in a WINDOWS software environment using a mouse and able to type 30 WPM.
- Adapt to constantly changing situations.
- Work overtime when requested.