Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
We are hiring a part-time (0.9 FTE) Patient Services Coordinator for our Radiology Administration department in downtown Minneapolis. This position will work days and rotating weekends.
The Patient Services Coordinator coordinates the scheduling and check-in of patients arriving to the Radiology Department. They perform general receptionist and clerical duties to facilitate the efficient functioning of the department.
- Serves as first point of contact for patients arriving to the department
- Utilizes good communication and listening skills
- Accurately transcribes/enters physician orders according to hospital policy and procedures; or finds physician orders on EPIC
- Schedules patients for Mammography, Ultrasound, CT, MRI, General Radiology, Fluoroscopy, Interventional Radiology, IR Clinic, and Vein Clinic procedures
- Evaluates next day’s schedule to be sure we have order if not scheduled in EPIC
- Performs appointment reminder phone calls to outpatients
- Coordinates care team needed to perform scheduled radiographic procedures: interpreter services, anesthesia, Pediatric Intensivist, Radiologist, etc.)
- Arranges patient transportation to and from the department
- Prepares ID and allergy bands for patients with scheduled procedures and verifies patient information and performs Check 2 when patients arrive
- Ensures that verification for reimbursement (MSPQ) is complete and Advanced Beneficiary Notices (ABN) are completed when alerted
- Directs patients to changing areas and provides changing instructions to patient prior to the exam
- Alerts technologist staff when OR cases are called
- Provides excellent customer service for all HCMC patients, visitors and staff
- Serves as a resource for new staff, peers, and other members of the health care team
- Practices proper telephone etiquette by handling calls in a prompt, respectful and professional manner
- Straightens and cleans up waiting room and front desk daily
- Brings issues regarding processes, equipment, etc. to supervisor’s attention when it happens
- Collects co-payments, records, balances and closes out the cash drawer daily
- Assists with other duties as assigned but only when trained to do so
- One year office clerical experience
- Approved education
- An approved equivalent combination of education and experience
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.