Patient Services Host/Hostess - Maniilaq-MAN00466
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Patient Services Host/Hostess promotes meal assistance for all patients on a daily basis which includes meal selection, service and retrieval. Accurately serves food and beverages to patients in accordance with the patient’s diet prescription. Verbally communicates patient concerns with the clinical dietitian (i.e. education needs, inadequate meal consumption, etc.).
This position is based in Kotzebue, Alaska working at the Maniilaq Health Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with and assists patients with making appropriate daily menu selections.
- Prepares, assembles and delivers patient meal trays and snacks.
- Calculates and assembles trays for modified diets, fluid restrictions, calories, etc. for meals which may include:
- Soft/Low Residue/Bland
- Low Sodium
- Low Fat
- Lactose Restricted
- Combination Diets
- Check cafeteria and nursing unit areas periodically to make sure all is continually stocked and everything is full/working.
- Performs assorted kitchen duties including sanitation, set-up and completing temperature logs.
- Utilizes automated tablet to record and transfer meal selections to computer.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Alaska Food Workers Card or ServSafe Certification contingent upon 90 days of hire.
- Must pass a fingerprinting background investigation that complies with The Crime Control Act, Child Care Worker Act and the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- At least one (1) year of directly related restaurant or healthcare food preparation experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Noise level: Moderate
Office conditions: Pace of work environment: Medium
Customer Interaction: High
Description of environment: Hospital food service
Frequently required to walk, stand, lift, pull and push.
Physical requirements: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us email@example.com
Job:Food Preparation & Service
Deadline to Fill:Dec 31, 2019