ACT Security Group is recruiting for our patrol division for full-time hours from 8:00 pm to 4:00 am. Must have a clean driving record. A Texas security license is required. A marked patrol vehicle s provided. Inquire within for the exact work schedule.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides assistance, directions, and information to visitors and tenant employees. Signs visitors in and out of assigned facilities. Escorts visitors and staff on and off building premises upon request.
- Makes rounds of each floor of the assigned building and/or makes rounds of assigned buildings. Ensure doors and windows are locked and secured. Monitors security camera systems and verifies proper operation of building electronic door lock systems. Turns off lights not needed for security.
- Reports security violations, questionable activities, and emergencies to appropriate authority.
- Ensure security lighting and security monitoring systems are functioning. Monitors outside areas for vagrants and other unauthorized personnel. Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, skateboarding or smoking within 15 feet of building exits.
- Monitors heating and air conditioning systems for proper operation during non-business hours as directed. Checks assigned facilities for leaks, during rainstorms. Monitors buildings for equipment failure or vandalism notifies proper emergency contacts for repair.
- Notes building repair and maintenance needs and reports these deficiencies for correction.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Specific duties and training provided for each specific assignment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older;
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Must be able to become licensed by the Texas Dept. of Public Safety - Private Security Program. Click here to review the disqualifying criminal background and the statutes of limitation.
Education and Experience
- One (1) year of private security or related experience preferred;
- OR, Any combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the stated education and experience and required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements
- Valid State Driver's License or State Issued Identification, or other valid identification documents to verify employment eligibility and proof of identity.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Positions that require the operation of a motor vehicle, will require a 3-year driving record, with no major moving violations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Standard building security systems, including operations and maintenance.
- Policies, practices, procedures, and methods of assigned function.
- Security surveillance systems operations and capabilities.
- Interacting positively with the public.
- Responding effectively to public inquiries, presenting a positive impression of the organization.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Follow a regular security check schedule.
- Recognize and report needed repairs, security risks, and dangers.
- Understand and follow instructions and communicate effectively, as required.
- Work independently and efficiently.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with tenants, property management staff, and the general public.
Work Environment & Other Information
Physical requirements include the ability to lift/carry up to 25 pounds, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity. Subject to standing, walking, sitting, repetitive motion, reaching, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, pushing, pulling, balancing, client/customer contact, squatting to perform the essential functions. Requires constant walking and standing and exposure to outside elements. This job description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- AD&D Supplemental Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Direct Deposit or Free Visa Pay Card
- Uniform Deposit Refund after one year of employment
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Bi-weekly Pay
Visit us at any of our branch locations:
- Austin: 5555 N Lamar Blvd Suite J-102 Austin TX 78751 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday, or call (512) 420-9988.
- Houston: 11250 Charles Rd Houston TX 77041 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday, or call (281) 970-7768.
- San Antonio: 14855 Blanco Rd Suite 206 San Antonio TX 78216 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday, or call (210) 288-2111.
ACT is an EEO Employer