The Mueller Company is headquartered in Atlanta, GA and manufactures valves for water and gas systems, including iron gate, butterfly, tapping, check, plug, and ball valves, as well as dry-barrel and wet-barrel fire hydrants; pipe repair products, such as clamps and couplings used to repair leaks, as well as municipal castings, including manhole covers and street drain grates; and residential and commercial water meter products and systems. It also offers metering, leak detection, pipe condition assessment, and other products and services for the water infrastructure industry, as well as provides installation, replacement, and maintenance services on new and existing valves, fire hydrants, and service lines.
The primary functions include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of Foundry processes is a big plus!
- Covert engineering drawings into effective foundry patterns and core boxes.
- Ability to calculate casting weight and develop design for costing.
- Familiarity with gating, risering and foundry methods.
- Experienced in reviewing casting drawings and new pattern/tooling development.
- Ability to assist in the planning and making of a layout for a pattern from the mechanical drawing of the finished article.
- Experience in safety processes in the plant including environmental policies and standard SOPs.
- Basic understanding of molding and core making processes along with tilt/pour mold processes.
- Prototype design, machining, 3D modeling, programming or pattern making.
- Ability to review and interpret blueprints of parts to be cast, computing dimensions, and plan the sequences of operations.
- Ability to aay out patterns into sections according to shape of casting to facilitate removal of pattern from the mold, including coring, gating, and other foundry practices with the appropriate marking and measuring devices.
- Perform Cutting, forming, and shaping pattern parts using general shop machinery such as power sawing machines, drilling and boring machines, lathes, planning and smoothing machines, grinders, sanders, milling and automatic control machine.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Pattern Maker experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of machinist experience.
- Associates Degree preferred.