Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Pavement Engineer to join our team in Beltsville, MD.
- Provides support to pavement engineering specialists in development of pavement management systems, pavement engineering (design and construction), and related research and training
- Applies engineering application software and performs complex spreadsheet functions
- Participates in field data collection in teams of 2-6 engineers and technicians
- Drafts transmittal reports and components of major reports
- Identifies and plans engineering requirements of field investigations
- Supports multiple projects, working with different project managers
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or MS in Pavement Engineering required
- 1 – 4 years pavement of experience; may be from internship or graduate studies
- Experience in roadway or airport pavement evaluation, design, pavement management and /or construction is required
- Above-average spreadsheet skills for engineering applications
- Database experience in any of Access, SQL Server or Oracle is advantageous
- Familiarity and some experience is CAD and/or GIS required
- Walking during site inspections (up to full days)
- Local, regional, national and international travel
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Must pass drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.