Michels does more than build transportation projects, we use them. Our business spans across North America and, just like everyone, we rely on hassle-free transportation. We approach each project with a desire to deliver the safe, high-quality, cost-effective work with minimal inconveniences to users. The transportation industry is broad, and so are our services. Our projects include highways, tunnels, bridges, airport runways, railways and more. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Paving Concrete Finisher can change yours.
As a Paving Concrete Finisher, your key responsibility is to prep, place, and finish concrete in a road or airport construction work environment traveling throughout the Midwest.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You enjoy working independently
- You have a strong attention to detail
What it takes:
- Previous concrete finishing experience
- Knowledge of tools such as: bull float, broom, rake and straight edge
- Capability to work in a team environment and ability to lift over 75lbs on a repetitive basis
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with tanker endorsement(desired)