PURPOSE: The duties of a Foreman include, but are not limited to, the following:
This position is responsible for managing and working with a team of up to 8 workers within their day to day responsibilities for the paving of asphalt. The position is responsible for the efficient, safe and profitable operation of their associated project and work team; and for advising as well as making recommendations to the Superintendent concerning the best interests of the operation when the activities of his/her work team and equipment are involved.
- Manages paving crew to optimize efficiency of paving job. Responsible for the placement of asphalt. Ensures job specifications including proper depth are met.
- Perform daily paperwork functions including time-card approvals, parts inventory, and daily charge forms.
- Take leadership role in safety functions including personal safety, traffic control management, and toolbox safety meeting requirements.
- Monitor measure and report on operational key performance indicators including daily production, downtime, overtime, production rate and other operating metrics.
- Customer service, speaking to vendors and inspectors.
- Provide a safe working environment for workers on site
- Follow rules, safe work practices and procedures
- Perform job duties in a manner that will not create a hazard to their own health and safety, or the health and safety of other employees
- Maintain a clean and safe worksite
- Identify and report workplace hazards and help their control or elimination
- Wear required personal protective equipment (this includes hard hats, reflective vests, hearing and eye protection, respiratory projection and protective footwear)
- Immediately report all accidents and incidents to your supervisor
- Hold regular safety meetings
- Read site plans
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- REQUIRED: Minimum of five years of production, maintenance and/or location supervision in construction or related industry. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- REQUIRED: Demonstrated good judgment and discretion.
- REQUIRED: Strong organizational skills with focus on accuracy.
- REQUIRED: Able to follow established processes and/or document new processes.
- REQUIRED: Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines all the while being detail-oriented.
- REQUIRED: Excellent customer service skills and ability to function as part of a team.
- REQUIRED: Works cooperatively with other employees, customers, clients, and the public.
- REQUIRED: Able to handle multiple responsibilities at one time and must be able to deal effectively with people using a facilitative approach.
- REQUIRED: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- REQUIRED: Strong leadership and demonstrated problem-solving skills as well as excellent time management and project management skills.
- REQUIRED: Must have a valid drivers license.
$31.16 - $47.13