Prepares inpatient and outpatient claims either for electronic mail or hard copy and forwards to appropriate third party payers. Analyzes and reviews claims to ensure that payer specific billing requirements are met. Follows-up on billing, determines and applies appropriate adjustments, answers inquiries and updates accounts as necessary
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Post HS education preferred
- Minimum of 1 year cash posting or banking experience
- Minimum one year experience interpreting various payer explanation of benefits (EOB's) and 835 payment files
- Experience working within a multi-facility hospital business office environment preferred.
- General hospital A/R accounts knowledge is required.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered in lieu of formal hospital experience.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- None required