The Payroll Administrator will oversee and supervise the payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. Payroll Administrator will act as liaisons to perform financial and reporting activities between the company, employees and government. Will need to be well versed in tax laws and regulations. Payroll Administrator always demonstrates excellent service to employees.
- Responsible for processing payroll timely and accurately.
- Responsible for issuing and distributing paychecks, managing direct deposits or paycards Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principals, and federal, state, and local regulations in states of operation.
- Set up new employees under payroll system Administers leave of absences and assures they are in compliance with payroll.
- Assists with Workers Comp Administration.
- COBRA administration, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Assist employees with payroll information such as pay stubs, wage verification letters, clarification of pay, etc.
- Reconciles all benefit billing.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, budget and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. labor" home" work, overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors. Internal payroll Audit Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages.
- W4/W2/1099/941 Compliance Analysis/entry to general ledger
- Responsible for month-end close activities, including reconciliation of payroll register
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of Payroll and Accounting experience
- DOL, FLSA, HIPPA, Payroll Law, and all other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Licenses and Certifications
- Fundamental Payroll Certification - preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional - preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year