Payroll Analyst - DAW0000184
Duties and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for performing professional payroll administration, statistical reporting, retiree benefit program analysis and related duties as required. This position is focused on payroll/financial analysis and reporting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide payroll analysis, reports and related documents to the Vice Chancellor, Associate Vice Chancellor, Payroll Manager, HRIS Manager and the Senior Payroll Analyst.
- Verify and reconcile payroll, employee benefits and fiscally related data.
- Coordinate and process all voluntary and involuntary deductions in compliance with State and Federal regulations, union agreements and Board rules.
- Provide and interpret information pertaining to payroll policies and procedures as related to City Colleges of Chicago employees.
- Review, monitor and verify the accuracy and completeness of payroll transactions, records and reports.
- Perform and/or assist with general payroll auditing duties.
- Train campus payroll personnel and new payroll analysts.
- Document or assist with the documentation of business processes, write procedures and develop training materials.
- Keep up-to-date on applicable laws, procedures and rule changes that relate directly and indirectly to payroll activities.
- Prepare written communications, correspondences, and reports, as required.
- Create payroll schedules, run payroll processes and queries to perform audits of pay data and related payroll processes.
- Perform mathematical computations and enter data in the payroll system, when required.
- Participate in and conduct survey requests and respond to surveys from within City Colleges of Chicago.
- Also conduct survey research to provide confidential information for union negotiations.
- Assist with the development of a HR Payroll balance score card, develop and administer customer satisfaction surveys for HR Payroll customers, and help develop and implement performance improvement initiatives within the department.
- Research confidential personnel files to obtain employee data.
- Assist in managing the Office of Human Resources and Staff Development’s accounts payable functions including monitoring supplies and equipment, creating requisitions and purchase orders.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Perform related duties as required.
- An associate degree from an accredited community college or sixty (60) semester hours of credit with a C+ average from a four-year accredited institution or university.
- Formal education with a focus in accounting, business administration or finance is preferred. Education must be supplemented with three years of professional accounting, auditing or payroll experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Professional certification is a plus.
- Prudent knowledge of payroll practices and procedures, plus general business ethics, behavior and protocol.
- Successful candidate must exhibit excellent knowledge of effective oral and written communications as well as analytical research methodology.
- Must be able to work well with persons at all levels of the organization, including internal and external parties.
- The successful candidate must be able to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy.
- Must possess and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to effectively represent the Office of Human Resources and Staff Development at various meetings.
- Proficient interviewing skills required. Must be able to develop and write reports clearly and accurately.
- Computer proficiency required for Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Access and PeopleSoft’s (Oracle) Human Capital Management System are preferred.
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current operations in an effort to improve performance and assist with developing future goals for the Department.
- Successful candidate must be able to meet deadlines with a high level of accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Willing to take the required classes or skill enhancements in order to perform at the payroll analyst position.
- Must exhibit support for all management policies, procedures, regulations and rules.
- In addition, must illustrate the behavior of a team player with a focus on customer service, staff support and the willingness to resolve employees’ pay issues directly with employees or indirectly with college staff working on behalf of the employees.
- Continuous professional education is required for this position.
- Must be a resident of Chicago within the first six months of hire
Primary Location: Dawson Technical Institute
Employee Type: Full Time | Regular
Union Code: N/A